Twyla Dill is hiring a Pike Place Market SalespersonPosition Overview:
Twyla Dill is a sustainable and fun loving jewelry company focusing on adorning people and helping them celebrate their bodies. We’re seeking a Sales Associate to run the Pike Place Market booth on a daily basis. The position will help to achieve the Twyla Dill mission to adorn people in ethically handmade jewelry that helps to celebrate their innate beauty. The ideal candidate is a super outgoing person who loves to talk to people, wear jewelry, sell a product they believe in and works well in a fast paced environment.Responsibilities include:
- Sell jewelry at Pike Place Market
- Set up & break down booth every day (must be able to lift boxes & climb on table to hang lights)
- Gather emails from interested customers
- Connect with people in a meaningful way to lead to sales
- Accept other duties as assigned
- You love talking and interacting with people all day
- You’re a very clear and consistent communicator
- You love working in a small business with a tight knit-team where we all take on a lot of roles
- You love Seattle's vibrant Pike Place Market!
- You LOVE learning new things - in fact you enjoy having a variety of tasks to complete throughout the day
- You’re outgoing, empathetic, and live life with a positive attitude
- You have a high work ethic and follow through with commitments
- You get tired by talking to people all day
- You don't love jewelry and think it's not something people should buy
- You can't work weekends or keep a regular schedule
- You don’t take direction well when guided
- You'd like to relax and work on your own projects during the work day
- You can't lift boxes, pull a cart and set up a booth every day
We’re seeking someone who can work 3-5 days a week (ideally with weekend availability) in our Pike Place Market location. While experience with sales and customer service is ideal, we’re willing to train the right person who is enthusiastic to learn. You must be able to be at Pike Place Market 8:30 am - 5 pm PST on your scheduled days. Pay starts at $18/hr with opportunities for commission.
TWYLA DILL IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO) EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, GENDER, AGE, VETERAN STATUS, POLITICAL AFFILIATION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, MARITAL STATUS, OR DISABILITY (IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT) WITH RESPECT TO EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.